Thursday 30 July 2015

Short Story: The Hen, Godzilla and I, the Meow

one fine afternoon, i was with my best friend doing our intense session of wrapping books. yes, very intense. every wrapping must be perfect. imperfection itches our souls.

out of the tranquility, the hens outside my house began to 'scream'.
"kwokkk kwakkkkkkwakkwak kwokkkkkkk!"

at first i thought it was just their typical heyyyy-i-just-lay-eggs announcement, but then i began to hear struggling sounds. i put down my book and peeked outside. ohmygod, godzilla!!!

the hen was pecking the black monster. in its monstrous mouth, i noticed a chick was already crushed by its jaw and screaming "chipppchipchippp!!!!" loudly for help

"ahhh!!!" i shouted.
i quickly stretched my legs and brought my swords, which is in reality, just a broom. i made sounds. any sounds. huarghagshdkjasndaaaaaaaaaarhkjadnjkshohshohshohhhh while running to the scene and the monster noticed me. i must have looked horrible being a giant to it. it ran away! it sneaked into the drain and left the chicken troop. thus with the broom in my hand, i saw it ran into the bushes cowardly, and made sure it wont come back.

i felt heroic, yet nothing was so heroic about the incident.

i looked at the drain where the godzilla sneaked at the first place, and i saw the chick was already bloody and drowned in the drain. i watched the life was sucked out of its tiny body. no more chipchipchip. no more movements. no more soul...

i felt horrible. if only i didn't ignore the calls from the terrified hens. if only i have a magical power to heal the unlucky chick. if only....nature is not so mean....

i was down for a moment. went back to my busy best friend who thought it was just my crazy that attacked my brain so she was still sitting calmly. i told her the story. it was sad...we were sad...and then i said, "want some ice cream?"
-MR

No comments:

Post a Comment