Friday 27 April 2018

SPM Narrative Essay: Write a story about an accident that ends with: “….thank goodness for the good Samaritans”

WRITTEN BY:
Nurin Fatinah Bt Shamsol
SMK Bukit Rangin (BRASS)

Write a story about an accident that ends with: “….thank goodness for the good Samaritans”

It was a day before Eid al-Adha and I was so gratified to see my parents at home. I grinned at the thought of them, smiling ear to ear wearing their new clothes, happy to celebrate Eid al-Adha as it was the first year after two years we did not celebrate it together since I was busy with my studies. I put the last t-shirt which is my favourite one in my white coloured luggage and zipped it as strong as I could. It looked like it almost exploded with its packed state. For the last time, I checked myself by the mirror. I was fixing my chiffon shawl and making sure that I look nice and neat. I locked my door and went down to get my car, a Mercedes Benz in dark blue.

Although it was a scorching hot day, it didn’t bother me at all. I drove my way out of the university and was on the road heading towards Pahang, my beloved place. I looked over to my watch, it was 9 in the morning, meaning that I had two hours to arrive there before the Zohor call prayers. I turned on the radio and connected it to my phone. I scrolled through the tracks and played ‘There For You’ by Martin Garrix and Troye Sivan at medium volume. I was drowned in the song, singing it along and tapping the steering wheel to the sick beat.

One hour passed at one fell swoop. I suddenly had the urge inside of me to call my mother, so I did. I dialed her number before I put the phone near to my ear, and felt the coldness of the screen. Warmth spread through my body as I heard her voice over the phone, cheerfully picked up my call and asked how I was doing and how she missed me so much. As I was about to open my mouth, a herd of cows crossed the lane abruptly and I was caught off guard. My mind went blank as my car made its way to the side with a screeching noise and it tumbled over two times making the windows around me shattered into pieces and some of it somehow got into my eyes. My body was awfully weak and my limbs felt numb as I whined in pain. I could hear my mother panicking through the phone and all I could manage to say was ‘I miss you too’.

Before my vision went all black, a deep male voice regained my consciousness. The voice increased from one to numerous voices came from whether men, women or even kids. Suddenly, my body felt light as the hefty load was lifted slowly revealing the faces of men that cooperated in pushing the car aside, creating an air pocket for me to breath my heart out. They succeeded after a while, earning cheers from the crowds on not giving up to save a stranger like me. Then, an ambulance’s siren was heard and I was brought to the hospital nearby. On the way to the hospital, two men and a woman accompanied me and informed my parents about my dreadful accident. It was a miracle because the three of them were of different races, Malay, Chinese and Indian giving me hope that our country will live in peace.

I was lying on the hospital bed, playing with the pure white sheet out of boredom. Suddenly, the sliding door was opened and familiar faces showed up making my tears fell down on my rosy cheeks down to my cheekbones. If it not for the people who helped me up, I would not have the chance to see my parents again. Thank goodness for the good Samaritans.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Thank you Miss Nurin For this Essay Submission.
Best of luck for your SPM!
_____________________________________________________________________________

EMAIL ME your English essays @ ponponproduction2011@gmail.com
I will help you check your essay and you can become a contributor of the blog!
Together let's inspire others to become writers. <3
-MR

15 comments:

  1. Thank you! Btw your writing is good!

    ReplyDelete