Wednesday 12 August 2015

Doodling and Listening

it is those days, when i wake up earlier than usual, productivity began to take consequent paces.

started with coffee and got myself hooked into TED videos *for god sake i dont even remember how i got there*. it was talking about how revolutionary doodling is and how good it affects our processing minds. doodling is not an absentminded activity after all. Mark Twains and Albert Einstein did doodles too

therefore, i began doodling as youtube videos kept playing things. at some point, i was idolising JK Rowling and watching videos of her interviews. no, m not sure how i got there either.

as the time spent with doodling and listening/watching videos, it was already noon and i forgot eating solid food. the sound of my grumbling stomach couldnt even beat a groaning three-head monsters. time to be civilised. took off my pajamas and had fried rice with seaweed. finally pleased my friend to try eating warm rice with seaweed!

it was a very satisfying day. i practiced drawing and i did retain the information from the videos i watched through my drawings. i remember what i was digesting in my brain while doodling certain lines. every doodles has a timeline and my head could arrange it well. every drawing has a meaning and i know what it all means!

overall, i also want to encourage people to doodle while doing something. it's not losing focus, it is gaining focus. as someone who has attention span as a child during talks, to my surprise, i wasnt sleepy from listening the videos this time!
-MR

No comments:

Post a Comment