Sunday 5 July 2015

Journal: Current Book I am Reading

i was not and i am not a bookworm. but i can read. it only takes the right book to read n to find it requires vast mental energy n time. yet, when i read. i truly read. the idea and the meaningful juices of the books will be infused into me well and stay for some time.

“Read a thousand books, and your words will flow like a river.
― Lisa SeeSnow Flower and the Secret Fan

i found this quote while scrolling through twitter not so long ago. thus, i was motivated. a goal was set. so i bought books

Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom

i just finished reading this book this morning. not quite parallel with the tittle but here goes nothing
this book..yes, it made me teary at the end. to know two real life inspiring people in the book have passed away and the way Mitch Albom portrayed his thoughts and journey touched me.

i finished this book less than a week(which is great enough for me lol). the moment i started reading, i was whipped.

it is recommended to everyone with any religion to read because it is, after all, a book about faith and hope. i was reluctant at the beginning after seeing phrases or words like church, pastor, sermons and all, but this book has not in any way converted me from being a Muslim lol. it is inspiring, thoughtful, very well written and i loved it.

Have a Little Faith is an amazing story about a Rabbi, a Christian Minister, and a man with very little faith. this book will bring you through an amazing journey that delivers beautiful message in the end. it was impactful and made me reflect and relate with my everyday life, especially the sermons. every time i finished reading the sermons, i would put down my book and starred in awe. wow, i must share this to my best friend. and so i did. that's how much i enjoyed it.

the words were simple, easy to read, yet manages to convey the nuances of everything from mourning to elation. i was too pondering at Mitch Albom's questions and went through a journey of learning provoking ideas. it put me more at ease, touched with hope and goals. overall, i think i will be rereading this book again in the future.

just read the book, and you'll understand.

Tuesdays with Morrie 

this book will be my next reading. jengjengjenggggg, can't wait to get indulged to it!
i understand that he spent time with Morrie, the famous professor before he was seeing Albert Lewis, the Rabbi in the book Have a Little Faith. 

one thing i admire about Mitch Albom is that, he seems to be a very good listener. maybe i should be a very good listener. then life will inspire me with many nice things. yet here i am. too lazy to even listen to my hungry cats
-MR

No comments:

Post a Comment