Thursday 25 August 2016

SPM Example Essay: Informal Letter

i've been challenging myself to make an essay a day. it's tough but i'll manage. 

NEVER GIVE UP

according to Microsoft Words, this essay contains 430 words. more than enough but i am satisfied! 

however boys and girls, do not spend too much time writing long essays during the real exam for Directed Writing. this should be your reference for a wow essay only. focus on Continuous Writing and aim for that 50 marks first!


P.O. Box 193,
Lot 3, Taman Amboi Delima,
89908, Tenom,
Sabah.

24 August 2016

Dear Felix,
                It was great to hear from you again after some time. We are all safe and sound and it’s good to know that you are too. I’ve sent your regards to my family. They really miss you!

                I am astonished by your recent letter about inviting me to your country. I was overjoyed! I thought you would never ask that to me. London is a beautiful and historical part of the country. It’s a must visit place before I die.

                However, even though I find this invitation hard to resist, I think I might be taking a rain check for your invitation. Sad but true, so I will explain the reasons why I must do this hard decision.

                First and foremost, I just checked the cost of the trip. My eyes almost flipped! It is so expensive giving the condition of my current family’s economy. My brother was just sent to the university and that already cost my parents a lot of dimes. It might be unfair to ask my parents money for now.

                Also, you must know about my journey to some of the states in Malaysia in the past years. I would like to highlight that those were all family trips. I have never traveled alone before. This may make you smile like a goat but believe it or not, it will scare my parents to their bones if they know I’ll travel that far alone.

                Furthermore, next year I will have the most important exam in my schooling year. With the exams and trials being around the corner, I will need this holiday to pump up my academic performances by doing ample of revisions. My parents are relying on me to get better grades for a scholarship. Let's keep our fingers cross for that!

                The bottom line is, there are too many cons than pros for me to accept this exciting invitation. I am very sorry for rejecting it now, but I may not do so in the future. So keep your doors open, and wait for me to be there soon.

                In the meantime, why not you and your family come and visit us here in Malaysia? You can help me be their tour guide since you have been here during the student exchange program. It would be a breathtaking and memorable experience for all of us.

 That’s all I can scribble for now. Take care my dear friend and do keep in touch. As for your coming exams, make your parents proud and break a leg!
                Love,
Marzia

-MR

10 comments:

  1. Wow you write a very good essay!! I might save this page for my reference. Please write more essays.😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg.. i want to write this essay back for me as a example today.so that I'm not forget the format. But, that's is so long.. really good essay writing and grammar. Please make more on the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subscribe to pewdiepie >M<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro,u legit used felix (pewdiepie) and marzia as the character on your essay hahahahah... quincidence? I think not

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bruh in the beginning i saw pewdiepie name i was like "hmmm this name kinda familiar" then i saw marzia name and i was like "i see admin is a fan of pewdiepie too huh". Fellow 9 years old army here.

    Nice tho it helped me a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete